FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: As a medical doctor, can you represent me during a disciplinary hearing in Maryland?
Answer: Yes, we could. We’ve done it before. Basically, usually it’s an ethical issue, so the doctor is doing something that the board deems unethical. It has been reported. Then they would set a hearing, often at, say, the office of administrative hearings, or the board has their own hearings. And it would always be wise to have an attorney with you whenever you’re going and fighting for your license as a medical doctor.
You can’t really function without it. You certainly can’t practice without it. So I would recommend hiring an attorney. We have done them before. We don’t do a lot of them. But as I said, because a lot of the time it’s an insurance company that’s providing the defense. That is a little bit out of our realm of expertise, but it is something that we have done before. So on a case-by-case basis we could probably help out in a disciplinary hearing. Sometimes we have clients who end up, who are doctors who need help with all that kind of stuff and sometimes we’ll advise them or we would refer them to somebody who does a lot of disciplinary hearings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…