FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
Answer: The answer to that question is yes, particularly if they are aware that there is a police officer behind them. The cops play terrible tricks on people. Again, if it’s a slow night, they’ll pull up right behind you; some will actually ride on the butt of the defendant’s car in order to have the defendant speed up and thereby violate the speed limit laws, number one, and then as a result of that they get pulled over.
Or, if the cop is behind you and you’re constantly looking in the rearview mirror, this can have the result of you crossing or touching lane markings which the officer will then put down on his report that you couldn’t drive and stay within your lane markings and this has resulted in him pulling you over, when in reality it was just the fact that he was riding your butt. We’ve heard countless clients talk about that. If you attempt to change lanes and don’t use your blinker, he will pull you over for that. And these are all things that can happen when a police officer rides right up on your butt in the evening, which can be a scary scenario.
If you don’t know that it’s a cop and he’s riding on your butt, then you really have an inclination to step on the accelerator and speed up, which will result in you being pulled over. So, either way it’s a difficult scenario, whether you know it’s a police officer or you don’t know it. They oftentimes will play games to get the defendant driver to engage in some type of driving behavior, which is violative of a traffic law, and then boom they pull you over. And then if you have alcohol on your breath, it all goes downhill from there.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…