FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: Can police pull me over in Maryland if they receive a call from another motorist about my driving?
Answer: Yes, but what they need to do is, let’s say that they get an anonymous call or somebody calls in and says that there’s a car swerving all over the place. The officer needs to get up to them and actually observe the conduct that was complained about. So they can’t just pull right up and just pull the car over based off of a random or anonymous call. They need to actually somewhat confirm that this is true or that this is the car.
So, what they generally will do is they will pull up, they will observe even if it’s just for 15 seconds, they see the car swerving, and the person called in said that the car was swerving—then they have enough to stop the car and at least investigate some more. Otherwise, they would need to actually have the person who made the phone call come in and testify as to the driving. But in order for it to be a valid stop, generally the officer needs to observe some sort of that conduct in order to actually have a guaranteed solid stop, which some officers don’t do. And that’s, those are good grounds for drop.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…