FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: Do I need a lawyer? Can’t I represent myself in my Maryland DUI/DWI case?
Answer: The answer to that is yes you need a lawyer. If you show up in court without a DUI lawyer, the judge will assume you’re not taking the charge very seriously. The first thing he will do is tell you to go hire a lawyer to help you in the case. And if you don’t do that or fail to do that, the judge will show you just how important a DUI case is and you can anticipate quite potentially going to jail over it. And following going to jail, you’ll have a conviction on your record which will follow you for the rest of your life, as will the 12 points, as will the insurance increases as well the stigma of having a conviction on your record for employment purposes. So a DUI conviction is a fairly serious thing and it follows you for life. So, no, you should not represent yourself in a DUI case. It’s important that you get the best possible outcome that you can get, and that will require a defense attorney—a capable and experienced one at that.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…