FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: How many times will I have to appear in court for a Maryland DUI charge?
Answer: There’s often two; it’s a two-pronged approach to a DUI in Maryland. There’s always the MVA issue, and then you have the actual DUI criminal charge itself. With the change in law, with Noah’s law being enacted, we’re doing far less MVA hearings, because there’s just no real value to them anymore. So, it was traditionally two court appearances—the MVA hearing and then a court hearing. So now, it’s more on the court side.
If the case is resolved in district court, and if the witnesses are there it would just be one court appearance criminally. But often you either pull a bad judge, or there’s a witness missing, the state asks for a postponement, so sometimes there could be an additional court date here or there. The only other instance would be if you get to district court and you really want to take it up to circuit court to either get it in front of a different judge or to have an actual jury trial, there could be another court date there. So the average is sometime between one and three court appearances for the actual DUI itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…