FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: I hold a professional license. Will my Maryland DUI be reported to the licensing board or commission?
Answer: Not generally. A DUI is not a crime of moral turpitude, so it’s not something that I think would actually pop up in a professional capacity. Now, when somebody does generally reapply or re-up their professional license, often there are questions that will pertain to any charges that they’ve received. So it’s really a self-reporting requirement for some professional licenses. So we get a lot of cases for doctors, nurses, that kind of thing.
Generally the first offense doesn’t seem to have a whole lot of effect if the person’s honest. What they really care about is how honest the person is about reporting it or not. But, no, it doesn’t generally get reported to anybody. Now, I believe a professional license, say, for a pilot, that might be actually reported, but we haven’t run into anything where a person has lost a professional license by merely being charged or even convicted of a DUI.
Now, often employers will search, and if they search they can discover it, but I don’t believe there’s any, certainly there’s no law that would force the court to contact or report any kind of DUI to a commission or to a licensing commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…