FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: I was charged with DUI in Maryland but I live in another state—will I have to travel back to Maryland for court?
Answer: Yes. If you’re an out of state license holder and live out of state and got a DUI in Maryland, you would have to come back here for court. It’s very likely that there wouldn’t be any MVA consequences, at least as far as the person’s foreign licenses. So, if somebody, say, has a New York license and gets a DUI in Maryland and they’re only here visiting or driving through, Maryland only has the ability to punish as far as the interlock and the suspension period in Maryland. So New York wouldn’t recognize any Maryland punishment out of the gate. So, very likely, as long as the person stays out of Maryland or doesn’t drive in Maryland, there wouldn’t be any subsequent MVA issues in their home state. But they do have to come, and they are subject to the Maryland laws. Whenever you travel into another state, you’re subject to that state’s laws.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…