FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
Answer: There’s not a lot of differences between DUI and, in Maryland, what’s called an OUI, operating under the influence, and then they also have an OWI, which is operating while impaired. The DUI law is pretty much the same as far as impairment goes. The officers will ask you off your boat, they’ll take you to solid ground to do the field sobriety tests. However, coming off of a boat, there are certain time frame requirements that they need to wait for testing somebody’s balance. I think you could easily attack a field sobriety test based off of a boat because the person was on a moving body of water, and it clearly takes a little while to fix that.
However, we do handle OUI cases. We do a fair amount of them because there’s a lot of water around us. But there’s just not as many being charged as there probably are impaired boaters. So it’s always a good idea to have a sober driver of the boat. But, yeah, we do see a lot of them; we do handle them.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…