FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
Answer: If you plead guilty to a DUI in court that does not necessarily mean that you will walk away with a conviction. If it is a first time offense, capable counsel should be able to talk the judge into giving you the benefit of a probation before judgment and a probation before judgment is not considered a conviction in Maryland, and therefore one would not get the 12 points on their license and the disposition would not be considered a conviction.
So if employers were to ask if you were ever convicted of anything, the answer in that regard continues to be no. So, before pleading guilty in court, one must be careful to review the record and see if you have defenses to the case. But if pleading guilty is the appropriate remedy in a particular case because the state has offered a potentially useful disposition or a potentially useful deal, that certainly is an option in many cases and that would not necessarily result in a conviction. It’s particularly if the defendant has prepared himself appropriately prior to going to court.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…