FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
Answer: Well, the first thing you need to do following an arrest is you have to go seek competent DUI defense attorneys. That can be a little bit more challenging than one might think, because everybody and their brother has started to advertise that they can defend DUI cases and they can’t. There’s a lot that goes into the defense of a DUI case; there’s a lot of education involved, there are national DUI colleges that train us how to handle these cases, there are field sobriety testing that we do, alcohol education testing that we do. And your competent DUI defense lawyers go through all of this type of training and they practice this every day, as compared to the other folks who do other things and because they have a small or slow practice they have added this line of defense. And these types of people are not the best people to provide defense in a DUI case.
One way to tell these people from qualified DUI defense lawyers is the amount of money that one is being charged for the defense of a case. If you walk into a lawyer’s office and it either does not look right, or they’re charging you $1,000 or $1,500 or something in that area for the defense of a case, well you’re going to get what you pay for and that sort of tells you right off the bat what kind of level of DUI defender you’re talking to versus a person that charges a lot more than that. They more than likely are providing or can provide an appropriate defense for your DUI case. They’re going to invest the time and energy to do the necessary investigation. They also have the tools to defend you in court, most typically versus these other lawyers.
So, having said that to you, the first thing you want to do is you want to contact a lawyer as soon as possible because a lawyer has to enter his appearance for you; importantly they have to order a file discovery in the case, get any videos together and get everything the state has so that a defense can be built for you in your case, and that’s very important. So seek a qualified defense lawyer as soon as you can after a DUI and do some research on the Internet and try to be able to tell who’s who. So for example in our case, our URL is MarylandDUILawyer.com, so that ki
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…