FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: What is the look back period for a DUI/DWI in Maryland?
Answer: Well, once you get a probation before a judgment or a guilty conviction in Maryland, it does go on your permanent record such that the prosecution and a judge will always be able to see that, whether it be five years, 10 years or 20 years later. So, the look back period for a DUI essentially is forever. However, in Maryland you can get, and therefore are eligible, for a second probation for judgment after a minimum period of 10 years. So, if 10 years goes by, one could ask the court in a second situation, second DUI, to give a probation before judgment. Having said that, I think most judges are probably against giving a second probation before judgment in a period of 10 years, albeit legally they are eligible to do so. In a period of less than 10 years between charges, a judge is not legally permitted to give another probation before judgment, so it can’t even happen. But if, say, 20 years went by between offenses, a judge may consider giving a second probation before judgment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…