FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: Will a DUI/DWI in Maryland cause a person to lose his job?
Answer: Well, that depends on the nature of the job that the person has. Generally speaking, a first time offense would not cause a person to lose his job if they are in a normal job that does not involve a high level of security or does not involve driving a CDL or a motor vehicle for a living. CDL users or owners could have a problem because employers in that role have to be extremely careful in hiring folks and they certainly seek people who do not have DUIs on their record.
We represent a number of CDL drivers and I would like to think that they don’t generally use their job over such a situation. If you get a DUI and you have a CDL license, the problem can be that the CDL license can be suspended for a period of time, and if that occurs that in and of itself can have an impact on one’s ability to drive for a living. Although, in certain cases, there are things that can be done to try to preserve the CDL license.
I know that pharmaceutical sales people sometimes fall in this category where the employer could have a problem because, again, if something were to happen in terms of an accident following a DUI scenario, I could see the pharmaceutical companies often get very nervous about this. But generally speaking, people that get a DUI, most employers are sympathetic to a first time offense and they look the other way for the most part. But there are certain categories of jobs where people get more nervous about these types of offenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…