FREE CASE EVALUATION
Question: Will someone convicted of DUI/DWI be sent to jail in Maryland?
Answer: Well, a DUI charge in Maryland does carry jail time for a first offense along with either a $500 or a $1,000 fine maximum, depending on the offense number. So, in determining if somebody can go to jail for a first time conviction, the answer is yes, that can happen. Albeit in practice, it generally does not happen on a first offense unless there are aggravating circumstances such as either a high BAC number—typically in excess of a .20 or some judges may consider it after a .15—or if there is another aggravating circumstance such as an accident or a high rate of speed, such as traveling near 100 miles an hour give or take or more as you sometimes see. For a standard DUI charge where somebody blew a .08 or a .12 and they were not speeding excessively and there was not an aggravating circumstance, generally speaking a jail sentence for a weekend or something would no be something you would normally see as a result of a case as long as there was competent counsel involved.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the first thing a person should do after a DUI/DWI arrest in Maryland?
- What can you do to be proactive about your pending DUI case in Maryland?
- Do I need to hire an attorney from the area in which I got the DUI?
- What are the potential penalties for boating under the influence (OUI) in Maryland? Could a conviction impact my regular drivers license?
- Can you explain a rising blood alcohol level in Maryland?
- What is mouth alcohol in Maryland?
- What happens if I plead guilty to DUI/DWI in court in Maryland?
- Can being nervous impair a person’s driving ability?
- Can I be charged with DUI if I am on private property in Maryland?
- What are the laws in Maryland regarding boating under the influence?
- Difference Between DUI and DWI
- DUI Reported Licensing Board or Commission
- DUI Charge Impacts Professional Licenses
- Represent Medical Doctor at Disciplinary Hearing
- DUI Charge but Live in another State
- Out of State DUI
- Anonymous DUI Call
Find the answer to your questions: What Do I Need To Do Next? What Can I Recover? Should I Get a Lawyer?…
MOTORCYCLE BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
Rider are at a disadvantageon the roads. Fortunately,there is legal protection…
Find out why accidentsinvolving trucks are differentfrom car accident cases…
Medical provider are expected to be careful and precise, yet mistakes are common…